Friday, September 14, 2012

Gifts of the Nile: Week 2 Review

Our first unit of study this year is a short unit on Ancient Egypt. Although I planned it for only a couple weeks since we've discussed Egypt before, I've found so many books and projects I wouldn't mind exploring but there's not enough time! On the other hand, I'm really excited about our Ancient Greece unit coming up so we'll have to revisit Egypt later on!

This week we explored the great Nile River and learned how incredibly important it was for the Egyptian people. We learned about papyrus, hieroglyphics, irrigation and the importance of place value!





On the whole, we had a good second week. Next week we will continue on with our Egypt studies but will turn our focus from daily life of the average Egyptian to the great Pharaohs and the Gods and Goddess of the culture. 

Oh and we had a guest speaker this week....


Next time I need a substitute teacher, I know who to call. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment