Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Back to Homeschool!

This time of year my Facebook and various parenting forums are flooded with all those CUTE "First Day of School" pictures and, I admit, the photographer in me gets a tiny bit jealous of the photo-ops of class rooms and bus rides and meeting the new teacher.

I can't simulate all those things at home. And I wouldn't want to really - it would look a little cheesy for "meet the teacher" to always be ME after all. But we do take a picture on the first day of our new school year!

J, who is doing second grade this year, says she wants to be a swimmer when she grows up.


I will be doing first grade work (for the most part) this year even though she's only five. She says she wants to be a swimmer as well - perhaps I shouldn't have asked them in the same room at the same time.


And then there is A, who is doing kindergarten level work who she's only four. She claims she wants to be a baker when she grows up. I hope she does, if so I'll keep her around forever. hehe


I decided to ease into the first week with shorter days and just some light projects that involved coloring and writing mostly. On Day One, they each did a self-portrait of themselves and I must say - they don't look as colorful in person as they seem to see themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment